Monday, March 28, 2011

First One

So it's currently 2:43 in the morning and I'm at work.  I work the night audit shift at a hotel here in town.  There's not a lot to do at night and since spring quarter classes don't start until Tuesday, I have no homework and thereforeI have nothing to do at work.  Hence me deciding to start writing this here blog.  'Cause what else do I have to do in the middle of the night when I'm at work and everyone else is asleep?  I guess I could get a pen pal from somewhere in Europe where people will be awake when I'm awake.  But then I'd have to talk to a stranger that really doesn't sound too fun.
So anyway, I live here in Washington, attending school.  I'm majoring in Primate Animal Behavior and Ecology with a doiuble major in Anthropology.  That's fancy for I'm going to be working/studying with primates: monkeys, apes, my little brothers, etc.  I'm pretty sure my family thinks I'm a nut job because of my chosen field but whatever.
 I have a mom and dad who are still together and happy. (Which is almost non-existent in today's world.)  I also have 2 little brothers.  Ok so not "little" but still little to me.  Tyler is almost 21 and serving a 2 year mission in England right now for the LDS church.  Tanner is 15 doing the whole high school thing.  We all grew up in good ol' Lebanon, Oregon but 2 years ago my parents moved to...Utah...ugh.  What made it better was my best friend (Stephanie), her husband and little boy and her family also moved to Utah, not far away mine.
A little about me:  I'm a weirdo, most likely.  But who's normal right?  I have a slight permanent Wisconsin accent.  2 of my closest friends are from Wisconsin and living with them for so long I tend to say some words like I grew up in Wisconsin or use words that NORMAL people from the Pacific Northwest don't know.  Just blame the Hoffman girls.    


Music is absolutely one of my most favorite things in the entire world, both playing instruments and listening.  I'm loud and outgoing.  I'm a people person but my stupid people tolerance level is extremely low.  I like to think I'm a nice person but if you get in my face or are a complete moron then I think you deserve to know that I don't appreciate it.
So in this blog I'm probably just going to post whatever happens to be on my mind, mostly in the early hours of the morning.  But that's enough for now because I have to go to newspapers around to all the "special" guests.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I HATE when you have something all typed out then it gets erased by technology.

    2. I think the name of your blog is very well thought out.

    3. What do you want to do with apes after college?

    4. I don't think you understand that by creating a blog such as this, you give people, such as myself, who spend pointless time roaming the internet, something interesting to do for a few minutes. Or maybe it's just me because I'm obsessed with stalking people. I don't know.

    5. THIS TIME I'M COPYING IT BEFORE I TRY AND POST IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete